Blogs I Follow
Recent Blog posts
Top Posts & Pages
- Msg 14607, Level 16, State 1 - profile name is not valid
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Installation Failed -2068052081, 1212, 1935
- redgate SQL Monitor - The RPC Server is unavailable
- 0x851c0001 - the credentials you provided for the 'SQLSERVERAGENT' service is invalid.
- Windows Server 2012, .NET Framework 3.5, 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F
- Log chain broken? How to deal with backups from the future.
- Is SQL Server under high Memory Pressure?
Monthly Archives: December 2014
Originally posted on cms4j:
Today i was asked if some of the databases on a specific instance were in use or not. As this is an interesting question that could be easily answered by the SQL Server DMVs i…
Inspired by Brent Ozars Blog post http://www.brentozar.com/archive/2014/12/whos-allowed-add-indexes-isv-apps/ I will start this series. It will consist of: Capture the workloadCapturing a typical workload during business hours. Diagnosis and Doing with “sp_BlitzIndex™”Diagnose and Delete/Alter/Add Indexes with the help of Brent Ozars “sp_BlitzIndex™”. … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, i started a blog post series that covers the finding of performance bottlenecks in SQL Server. In the first blog post in the series https://cms4j.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/is-sql-server-under-high-cpu-pressure/ i focused on CPU Pressure. In this blog post i will … Continue reading